Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I set up a time machine easiest way

I am trying to set up time machine on my macbook... What is the easiest and cheapest way to do this? I do not want to buy an "external drive" because I am thinking I have to have a certain cord to plug it into my macbook, and then that is more money. I tried to set up "SMB" but I don't think it helped.. I just want to be able to access all my backups from my macbook. I wish I could use my phone or ipad as an external drive. I do not have another macbook.. because I read you could do it that way. Someone please help!

Posted on May 26, 2020 7:52 PM

2 replies

May 26, 2020 8:40 PM in response to Support_Needed_For_TimeMachine

"how do I set up a time machine easiest way: I am trying to set up time machine on my macbook... What is the easiest and cheapest way to do this? I do not want to buy an "external drive" because I am thinking I have to have a certain cord to plug it into my MacBook[...]"

-------

What Ports are on your Mac?

If there is only USB-C on your MacBook, then I think this is what you are looking for: USB-C to USB Adapter - Apple. It costs much less than an external drive, I am sure. USB-C would plug in to your Mac. Your Hard Drive would plug directly into the USB end.

Image of the Adapter

how do I set up a time machine easiest way

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.