Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Weird language text on Shared Photo Album - How can I get to English?

Here's a test link I spun up to a Test Shared Photo album: https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0H532ODWVrM5O

How to repo:

1. Open Photos
  2. Create Shared Album
  3. Click the People icon on the top right and checkmark "Public Website" to generate a public URL (as seen above) to the shared photo album
  4. Open in Chrome (displays fine in Safari)
  5. Text looks like this (and on bottom of page):

Pretty unappealing to viewers and users...

Anyone know how to fix this?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on May 26, 2020 10:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2020 11:15 PM

I am not a Chrome user, but I tested your page:

• when I am viewing it in Safari, the text is displayed in English, makes sense, because my system language is set to Englich(UK)
  • when I am viewing it in FireFox, the text is displayed in german, makes sense, because I am currently in Germany
  • when I am viewing it in Google Chrome, the text does not resemble any language at all.

I am getting the same, when I am opening any of my shared albums in Chrome - my test album:

So it looks to me like a problem of Chrome, not our public web sites.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2020 11:15 PM in response to Jackelandy

I am not a Chrome user, but I tested your page:

• when I am viewing it in Safari, the text is displayed in English, makes sense, because my system language is set to Englich(UK)
  • when I am viewing it in FireFox, the text is displayed in german, makes sense, because I am currently in Germany
  • when I am viewing it in Google Chrome, the text does not resemble any language at all.

I am getting the same, when I am opening any of my shared albums in Chrome - my test album:

So it looks to me like a problem of Chrome, not our public web sites.

Weird language text on Shared Photo Album - How can I get to English?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.