Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How does one link individual images in a shared album to a blog. This worked this morning. Stopped working about midday. Did something change? Or did I do something wrong?

This worked just as you'd expect this morning. It stopped working about midday. Did something change? Or did I do something wrong?

This morning, when I went to the shared album using web access in Safari and then navigated to a particular image I could use Copy Image Address from the Control-click drop-down menu to get a web address for the image in the shared album which I could paste into my blog.

Worked like a charm. Not only could I see the images in Safari and in my blog editor, but my son checked out my blog and also saw them.

But now, when I use Copy Image Address, I get: 023AD368-3B7E-400D-96CB-3907FC6D226E.JPG which appears to be just the name of the image and not its address.

Furthermore, the addresses that worked this morning don't work this afternoon. I get a 401 error when I try to use those links.

Hmm. In an attempt to solve the problem, I tried deleting and recreating the shared album, so I doubt this mornings links could possibly work now. Still, this doesn't change the essential question: why was I getting web addresses this morning but just the file name this afternoon? And how do I fix it?

Thanks

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 10, 2020 2:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 10, 2020 3:46 PM

Not sure you could ever rely on this process. Apple provides a shared album with a static URL. There is no guarantee that the URL to the individual images will never change.

I think you'll need to export the images and store them on the same server as the blog.

Similar questions

4 replies

How does one link individual images in a shared album to a blog. This worked this morning. Stopped working about midday. Did something change? Or did I do something wrong?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.