Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11 Pro Max CPU Problem.

I know I have asked this question before but here is more info.

So when I first got my iPhone 11 it ran just fine for a few weeks after the first few weeks the screen would freeze upon saving images on the internet. Time went by it was not a big deal, but I noticed it would happen longer and sooner than before. Recently it will freeze quickly and get warm real warm. Today I started the game black desert mobile a second after starting the app for it to download additional content the phone screen freezes and wont let me use it and also gets warm. I have to set the phone down for a good 10 maybe more seconds before it lets me use it again, but then as soon as I unlock it it freezes again. I put the phone up to my ear to hear if it was making an internal noise and can hear a faint fuzzy crackle noise coming from where the CPU should be. I restarted the phone and let it sit for a good 3 or 4 minutes then listened to it only to hear a quiet high pitch noise along with a 2 click sound followed by a pause in between each two clicks. I started black desert again and immediately freezes the screen followed by the same fuzzy sound from before and warmth building up where the CPU is. I really don’t want to send it in for a new one because I would have to pay a small deductible even though I think it was out of the factory faulty hardware. I should not have to pay to get my phone working when it was already messed up before I got it. What should I do?

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on May 26, 2020 11:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2020 4:32 PM

Hello TastyCookies124,

Thanks for reaching back out to Apple Support Communities, about your iPhone issue. I'm happy to point you in the correct direction.

Please reach out to Apple Support for further assistance, if you are still having an issue after trying the troubleshooting steps.

Get Support

Have a great day!

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 27, 2020 4:32 PM in response to TastyCookies124

Hello TastyCookies124,

Thanks for reaching back out to Apple Support Communities, about your iPhone issue. I'm happy to point you in the correct direction.

Please reach out to Apple Support for further assistance, if you are still having an issue after trying the troubleshooting steps.

Get Support

Have a great day!

May 27, 2020 3:15 PM in response to TastyCookies124

Hello TastyCookies124,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities! I understand your having an issue with your iPhone freezing. I'm happy to help you find some information.

First, I would suggest you force close the apps on your phone. Here is a link to help you:

How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Next, I would up update to the latest version of iOS.

Update iOS on iPhone

If you are still having an issue after trying the troubleshooting steps above. "A factory restore erases the information and settings on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod and installs the latest version of iOS, iPadOS, or iPod software. "

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings

Once you complete the about step "Learn how to restore your device from a backup in iCloud or on your computer."

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup

Please keep in mind that when you recover data from a previous backup any newer information not on that backup will be erased from your device.

Have a great day!

iPhone 11 Pro Max CPU Problem.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.