Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Owner name change for Xr phone

My teenager was brought a Iphone XR from someone but it is in their name, how can I put it in her name?

iPhone XR

Posted on May 27, 2020 3:56 AM

2 replies

May 27, 2020 4:04 AM in response to EdnaAgetha

The teen acquired the device second hand from someone other than Apple or an authorized Apple reseller. The quote below explain what has happened. They apparently didn't know to heed the advice given below.

"Before you buy an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from someone other than Apple or an authorized Apple reseller, make sure that the device is erased and no longer linked to the previous owner’s account."

And see Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPodtouch https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201365. See this heading Check for Activation Lock before you buy a device from someone else.

What all this means is that there is no way we can help the teen. We are not authorized to remove the activation lock from any device. And, Apple will not help since the teen cannot provide proof of ownership that Apple will consider to be sufficient. They would need to have their purchase receipt for the device from an authorized Apple seller with the device's serial number on it. 

AlI I can suggest is tying to recovery the needed password (or possibly the purchase price) from the party the phone was purchased from. Recovering the password is the only way the phone can be made functional. And getting it from the person you acquired it from is the only way to so.

Owner name change for Xr phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.