Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone SE (2020) compatibility

Will the new SE using iOS 13 sync with iTunes 12.8.2.3 on my MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch Mid 2015) running High Sierra 10.13.6?

Posted on May 27, 2020 8:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2020 6:10 AM

Hello Dan Dan the Yearbook Man,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you have a question about syncing your iPhone with your Mac. I'd be happy to share information that may help.

Yes, your iPhone SE should be able to sync with your MacBook Pro running High Sierra. You can find more information here: Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using your computer.

You may also want to check out this article: Update to the latest version of iTunes.

Take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 28, 2020 6:10 AM in response to Dan Dan the Yearbook Man

Hello Dan Dan the Yearbook Man,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you have a question about syncing your iPhone with your Mac. I'd be happy to share information that may help.

Yes, your iPhone SE should be able to sync with your MacBook Pro running High Sierra. You can find more information here: Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using your computer.

You may also want to check out this article: Update to the latest version of iTunes.

Take care.

Jul 1, 2020 12:05 PM in response to Teddy_B

Hi again Jameson, so I bought the new SE, plugged it in to my MacBookPro in order to restore my 6s's backup from iTunes (per my original question) and got the message "Software update is required to connect to your iOS device". I called Apple Support and was told I had to update my MacOS to Catalina. Is this, then, in fact the case? Just want confirmation before I return the new phone. Thanks.

iPhone SE (2020) compatibility

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.