Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WiFi Calling

Is there a way in settings on iPhone to turn off cellular so that WiFi calling is always used? We live in an area that has 1 bar of service though ATT and because of this I have to go to the basement to make calls to eliminate any cellular signal. Otherwise the iPhone tries over the 1 bar and fails. We used to have a MicroCell device which worked flawlessly but I was told ATT no longer supports these. Thank you

iPhone SE

Posted on May 28, 2020 6:28 AM

6 replies

May 28, 2020 6:46 AM in response to PhiXXer

With Wi-Fi Calling, you can make or receive a phone call if you have a Wi-Fi connection in an area with little or no cellular coverage. Learn how to make a voice call using Wi-Fi Calling.

If you can't turn on or use Wi-Fi Calling, make sure that your carrier offers Wi-Fi Calling and that your devices have the latest software. Then, follow these steps if you can't turn on Wi-Fi Calling or make a Wi-Fi call. Wait two minutes before you go from one step to the next.

1. Go to Settings > Phone > Wi-Fi Calling and make sure that Wi-Fi Calling is on.
  2. Restart your iPhone.
  3. Connect to a different Wi-Fi network. Not all Wi-Fi networks work with Wi-Fi Calling.
  4. Turn Wi-Fi Calling off and then on again.
  5. Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset Network Settings.

May 29, 2020 9:33 AM in response to SravanKrA

Well after 12 years of owning and supporting all Apple products in business and for friends and having to migrate away from Apple computers specifically, I am finding that functionally, Android has pulled ahead of iOS. I would like to continue with Apple products but it just isn't worth the aggravation. Patches are buggy and same old, same old. Back in the day, Apple was a shining star. Now? Just another company that has locked it's users into a never ending stream of revenue. If I didn't own so many movies that the family watches on Apple TV, and if I wasn't tied to their 2-factor prison, I'd be totally out. This latest issue is just another reason. Remember it just works? Well that's long gone. To each his own.

WiFi Calling

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.