Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone Xs infinite reboot can't restore

A couple days ago I woke up to my Iphone Xs stuck in an infinite reboot cycle. I turns on and shows me the apple logo, but then the screen flashes and it reboots itself again. I've tried all the solutions I could find online. After trying to update the firmware to fix it and that not working I decided I needed to restore it to factory settings to fix this. I put it in recovery mode and got the prompt to plug it into my PC. The restore seemed to go fine until it said it was preparing my phone for the restore and rebooted my phone as part of that, sending my phone back into it's reboot cycle. I tried other computers and cables with no luck, it always reboots at the same point. I don't know what to do now that I can't even fix my problem by doing a full restore on my phone. I can't even take it to an apple store because they are closed due to Covid-19. If anyone has a solution or knows why this is happening please let me know, I'm desperate at this point.

iPhone XS, iOS 13

Posted on May 28, 2020 9:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2020 9:28 AM

Until they are back open, your next option is to contact Apple Support directly to arrange shipping the phone directly for them for service. Start by clicking on the Contact Support link in the upper-right side of this website.

1 reply

Iphone Xs infinite reboot can't restore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.