Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help Downgrading to LPX 10.4.8

Long story short, I don't have a recent backup with LPX 10.4.8 installed. Logic auto-updated to 10.5, and my projects have stopped playing after a few minutes of opening. Bug-ridden and unusable for me. I'm trying to find a way to downgrade back to 10.4.8. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks so much, fam!

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 28, 2020 1:22 PM

15 replies

May 28, 2020 2:39 PM in response to Iaamusic

Hundreds of LPX users are having the issue I'm describing currently. I've been systematically eliminating problem points, and it seems pretty much certain that it's a bug within the LPX architecture. Apple has no timeline for a fix. Support has exhausted every option. So if I can't roll back, I guess that means I'm totally at the mercy of the Logic engineers.

I can't think of anything else to do. I've been working on this problem all day everyday for the past 10 days. Switching OS's, re-installing everything... on and on. All in the middle of a 3-month album production, now completely bricked. Been a pro user for a decade, and I've had plenty of issues. But I've never been this stuck. Not even close.

May 29, 2020 9:35 AM in response to Iaamusic

@Iaamusic The transport controls quit working randomly after a few minutes of use. Specifically the "play" button. I'm utilizing a temporary workaround hitting "record" instead of "play", which for some reason seems to trick Logic into playing without issue. Obviously not ideal though. After a full day of hacking Logic this way though, I now think it's better not to roll back (assuming there's a fix in the next couple of weeks).

Jun 23, 2020 7:20 AM in response to jsdigital

I'm with you @jsdigital. I've been a Logic user over a decade and 10.5.1 is horrible. I've had 72 crashes in 3 days. Duplicating tracks brings up the spinning wheel, and eventually crashes. Kontakt 5 doesn't auto migrate to Kontakt 6. Loading any sounds within Omnisphere takes an age. Automation is buggy. I'm using a brand new Mac Pro with all new installs of everything. Catalina and Logic 10.51 does not work smoothly yet. Desperately trying to figure out how to downgrade to 10.4.8.

Help Downgrading to LPX 10.4.8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.