Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with 10.6 - is it possible to get back to the 10.5 version?

Hi,

Kind of new to this forum but I've upgrated to MontereyOS and then to FCPx 10.6... now I can't open my (heavy) library anymore. It crashed (or did not respond) while doing the library update for this version. My colleague has other issues on his side. This is a serious problem for us as we do need to keep working.

How could we downgrade from 10.6 to 10.5 which worked just fine? :)

Have a good day!

Matt

Posted on Nov 11, 2021 1:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2021 3:21 AM

One way you could get hold of 10.5.4 is if you can have, at least temporarily, access to a mac running Catalina.

If you can do that, login to the App Store with the appropriate Id, and download FCP from the purchases list. This will warn you that the current version does not work on that system, and let you download the most recent compatible version, which is 10.5.4. You can then just copy it across to the Monterey mac.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 11, 2021 3:21 AM in response to matthieutje

One way you could get hold of 10.5.4 is if you can have, at least temporarily, access to a mac running Catalina.

If you can do that, login to the App Store with the appropriate Id, and download FCP from the purchases list. This will warn you that the current version does not work on that system, and let you download the most recent compatible version, which is 10.5.4. You can then just copy it across to the Monterey mac.

Problem with 10.6 - is it possible to get back to the 10.5 version?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.