Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

library error FCPX 10.4.8

Good afternoon!

Tell me how to restore libraries created in the new version (10.4.10) of FCPX, in order to open them in the old version( 10.4.8)?

library error:

The operation could not be completed. One or more libraries were created with a newer version of Final Cut Pro. These libraries will be ignored.

MacBook, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 19, 2020 1:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2020 1:32 PM

If the libraries were actually created in FCP 10.4.10, the only way I'm aware of to work with the projects is to export them as XML from FCP 10.4.10 and then import the XML into FCP 10.4.8.

If the libraries were originally created in 10.4.8 and then updated in 10.4.10, you could go to your Final Cut Backups folder and try using a backup from prior to the update. Depends how much work was done in the library after the 10.4.10 update to know if that's a workable solution.

Best practices for professional application updates is to disable automatic updates in System Preferences and do them when you choose. When you do decide to manually update FCP, first make a zip file of the current version so you can open previous libraries without needing to update them.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 19, 2020 1:32 PM in response to A_Prusakov

If the libraries were actually created in FCP 10.4.10, the only way I'm aware of to work with the projects is to export them as XML from FCP 10.4.10 and then import the XML into FCP 10.4.8.

If the libraries were originally created in 10.4.8 and then updated in 10.4.10, you could go to your Final Cut Backups folder and try using a backup from prior to the update. Depends how much work was done in the library after the 10.4.10 update to know if that's a workable solution.

Best practices for professional application updates is to disable automatic updates in System Preferences and do them when you choose. When you do decide to manually update FCP, first make a zip file of the current version so you can open previous libraries without needing to update them.

library error FCPX 10.4.8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.