Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Duplicating sequences corrupts library

So after this last OS update, FCP has been doing something very strange, when ever I command-d to duplicate a sequence, nothing happens. I do it again and the app errors out and crashes. When I relaunch, I get that dreaded your library is corrupt, please open a backup. This has never happened to me before. The work around is to close the app when ever I need to duplicate a sequence. This is impractical and tiresome. Anyone have this same issue? Any way to fix this? This app is my livelyhood and I need it to be working as normal.

MacBook Pro (M1, 2020)

Posted on Mar 23, 2023 10:08 AM

Similar questions

12 replies

Mar 23, 2023 4:40 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

Figured, really nice to have a system that works from getgo. The M1MAX is the renderless system I have always wanted! Renderless meaning I no longer render my timeline. On rare occasion I have to, usually because if I have any effects work, all that is done in AE, which still lags! Adobe needs to bottom up their apps in ARM64! IMHO. Thanks again, you are the best!

Duplicating sequences corrupts library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.