You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCP Cannot save changes - Storage location for one or more libraries is no longer available

I've been working on several FCP projects and have the libraries saved on an external drive. When I started working on one of these projects today, as soon as I try to do anything (add, edit or even play the project), I get the error 'Final Cut Pro cannot save changes to "(name of drive)." The storage location for one or more libraries is no longer available. The libraries will be closed so that no work is lost.' I can open and edit the other projects stored on the same external drive without a problem.

After searching for possible fixes, I've tried creating a new library (on my hard drive) and moving the project there - same error. I tried exporting the library as an xml file and importing it to a new library - I receive this error on import

Any ideas?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 11, 2020 6:55 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

Jun 12, 2020 8:37 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

I created the new library on the system drive. I have tried rebooting, but that hasn't made a difference. I'm honestly not sure how the external drive is formatted, but it was working well for a month and the other 2 projects running off the external drive are still working, so I don't think that's the issue. I can look into that if you think it might make a difference. The media is stored on the same external drive, but I chose to leave files in place on import, so I believe only the proxy media is in the library.

FCP Cannot save changes - Storage location for one or more libraries is no longer available

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.