Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My most important Final Cut Pro file aka Library has become corrupted

Somehow my most important Final Cut Pro file has become corrupted and doesn't seem to be 'openable'...I have all updated software. I've tried everything I can think of...is there a way to force a library open once it's been compromised for reasons unknown and seemingly unknowable...

Posted on Feb 7, 2022 5:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2022 6:22 AM

What's the name of the library that opened?

Look inside Movies/Final Cut Backups. Are there backups of your library in there? If there's a backup, don't do anything in that folder, just see what's there. Maybe post a screenshot.

In FCP use File>Open>Open from Backup and select the backup. Post a screenshot of what you see in the library.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 7, 2022 6:22 AM in response to JohnniemooreIII

What's the name of the library that opened?

Look inside Movies/Final Cut Backups. Are there backups of your library in there? If there's a backup, don't do anything in that folder, just see what's there. Maybe post a screenshot.

In FCP use File>Open>Open from Backup and select the backup. Post a screenshot of what you see in the library.

Feb 7, 2022 6:15 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

Dear Tom Wolsky -

Thank you sooo much for responding so quickly...I just tried opening the Library while holding keystrokes you suggested...I am on Mac Monterey...after I double clicked on file with those keys held down, Final Cut Pro popped up a dialog box asking if I wanted to delete preferences...I agreed to that and then waited a bit as the library opened...it opens but there are no files within...the library in my hard drive has a 40GB size but somehow the library is not seeing the files within...any further thoughts? And FCP is FCP X...

Thank you.

Johnnie Hawkins

My most important Final Cut Pro file aka Library has become corrupted

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.