Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery Health Management Not working on Macbook Pro 2013 running MacOS 10.15.5

After updating to MacOS 10.15.5 on MBPr 2013, the Battery Health Management is not working, I cannot see the option.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 28, 2020 2:10 PM

1 reply

May 28, 2020 3:05 PM in response to r.dave

I have macOS Catalina 10.15.5 and I have the Battery Health feature in System Preferences under Energy Saver. I am also on a 2019 MacBook Air.

I have seen several posts from MacBook Air owners (2017 & Older) that they could not locate the feature. Not clear on what Apple had intended however you are not alone.

In this article by ➔ Apple About battery health management in Mac Notebooks, Apple has a statement under How to control the battery health management feature. It states that Battery health management is on by default when you buy a new Mac notebook with macOS 10.15.5, or after you upgrade to macOS 10.15.5 on a Mac notebook with Thunderbolt 3 ports.

That statement suggests that Battery Health Management is on by default on a Mac notebook with Thunderbolt 3 ports. It does not clarify about the feature's presence on other MacBooks running macOS 10.15.5.

Axel F.

Battery Health Management Not working on Macbook Pro 2013 running MacOS 10.15.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.