Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Messages no longer show the people associated with each messa

Messages no longer gives a name with each message just a phone number

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 28, 2020 6:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2020 8:09 AM

Hi Beechwood Blue,

Here is an article for deleting contacts on your Mac:

Delete contacts or contact groups in Contacts on Mac

Then here is a an article for syncing contacts to your Mac:

Add contacts from iCloud, Google, and more to Contacts on Mac

Cheers!

3 replies

May 29, 2020 2:47 PM in response to Beechwood Blue

Hi Beechwood Blue,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. I understand that in messages you are no longer seeing the person's name for the message thread. I know that makes it very difficult to message the correct person. I have a few questions so that the community can better answer your question.

Which device is this happening on?

Have you recently added or removed a mail account?

Were there any changes that happened prior to this issue that you noticed?

If you go into the Contacts App on your device and they do not appear there this article may help you find them again

Manage and delete contacts on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Cheers!

May 29, 2020 3:25 PM in response to BreeZee_17

What I'd really like to know is how do I erase ALL the contacts on my MacBook and Mac and replace those contacts with all the contacts on my iPhone. So for example, my iPhone has ALL my contacts as that is the device I use to enter information. I'd just like to start over on Mac and MacBook Pro. Get rid of that information and simply replace it with the contacts on my iPhone so that the information is the same everywhere and if I change information on iPhone it will be updated on all my devices. Can someone help? Many thanks

Messages no longer show the people associated with each messa

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.