Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Have ruler display in picas instead of points?

is there any kind of hack out there that will have the ruler display in picas as it should in the first place. Points is just dumb.

Looking in the Developer Forums I see that it is possible to create measurement s other than what is standard, if I had a clue about programming I'd just do it, but it's definitely above my pay grade.

I have zero interest in switching to InDesign.

Mac Pro

Posted on May 29, 2020 3:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2020 3:39 AM

No. Although the retired Pages '09 had a picas setting for the ruler, no Pages application introduced since Oct 2013 has it, nor are they even based on Pages '09 code.

The free, 64-bit LibreOffice Writer has a pica setting. It is very likely MS Word has it, and moving up in capability, Affinity Publisher has pica selection too.

You can select the Provide Pages Feedback menu item on the Pages application menu to send the Pages Product team your desire for the addition of Pica to Pages 10 (or later).

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 29, 2020 3:39 AM in response to fuzzy_bear

No. Although the retired Pages '09 had a picas setting for the ruler, no Pages application introduced since Oct 2013 has it, nor are they even based on Pages '09 code.

The free, 64-bit LibreOffice Writer has a pica setting. It is very likely MS Word has it, and moving up in capability, Affinity Publisher has pica selection too.

You can select the Provide Pages Feedback menu item on the Pages application menu to send the Pages Product team your desire for the addition of Pica to Pages 10 (or later).

Have ruler display in picas instead of points?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.