Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cant view pictures (timeout) - iCloud Photos Windows

There are a number of photos in my iCloud account which, when I try and open them through explorer I get the message.

Error 0x800701AA: The cloud operation was not completed before the time-out period expired.

No amount of re-try seems to get me access to them.

They show a status of Sync pending - but there is no option to initiate a sync.

The specific pictures can be viewed on the iCloud website.

Other pictures can be opened through explorer as expected.

iCloud 11.2 Windows 10 Home v1903

Any suggestions?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on May 29, 2020 12:50 PM

9 replies

Jul 31, 2020 4:27 PM in response to Roger Cowan1

Hi Roger

This is how I solved the problem.

If you use iCloud for Windows 10, you can store a file or folder locally on your PC so you can access it without an internet connection:

1. Open iCloud for Windows on your PC.
  2. Select iCloud Drive, then choose the file or folder you want to store locally.
  3. Right-click on the file and choose Always Keep on this Device.

https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT204363#update

I hope this is the answer you're looking for.

Cheers

Mark

Aug 4, 2020 12:10 PM in response to Community User

Nope, tried that back near the beginning.

Closest I have got is uninstall, and reinstall multiple times (with reboots), let it re-download and see which files would be available (rather than just thumbnails). This required about 20 re-installs & the missing photos were slightly different each time.

I also used a downgraded version which got me a bunch more of them.

Of the 5k ish photos, using these 2 methods i've managed to get all apart from about 200.

At that point I've given up, never to touch iCloud again.

Aug 4, 2020 12:11 PM in response to cheesejunkie

Nope,

Closest I have got is uninstall, and reinstall multiple times (with reboots), let it re-download and see which files would be available (rather than just thumbnails). This required about 20 re-installs & the missing photos were slightly different each time.

I also used a downgraded version which got me a bunch more of them.

Of the 5k ish photos, using these 2 methods i've managed to get all apart from about 200.

At that point I've given up, never to touch iCloud again.

Cant view pictures (timeout) - iCloud Photos Windows

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.