Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV Crashing

I am using 1st Gen Apple TV for streaming. Tho I find it limited compared to my Fire Stickmon other TV's in my home, it has served its purpose - until recently.

The last 3 days has been impossible to watch a complete Episode without crashing. I have done ALL of the normal protocols, which are only a very temporary fix!

I see the last time this was addressed on this Community was 2015! Huhhh???

Please help!!!!

Apple TV

Posted on May 29, 2020 1:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2020 5:52 PM

Hello,

This would be an Apple TV (3rd generation).

You may need to restore your Apple TV to factory settings.

Reset or restore your Apple TV to its factory settings - Apple Support

As someone who survived the era of the Apple TV (1st generation) I can say that the later models were substantially better. I can remember having to prop mine up on its side and having a fan blow on it just to keep it running cool.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 29, 2020 5:52 PM in response to SheliaWatcher

Hello,

This would be an Apple TV (3rd generation).

You may need to restore your Apple TV to factory settings.

Reset or restore your Apple TV to its factory settings - Apple Support

As someone who survived the era of the Apple TV (1st generation) I can say that the later models were substantially better. I can remember having to prop mine up on its side and having a fan blow on it just to keep it running cool.

May 29, 2020 6:56 PM in response to SheliaWatcher

SheliaWatcher Said:

"Apple TV Crashing: I am using 1st Gen Apple TV for streaming. Tho I find it limited compared to my Fire Stickmon other TV's in my home, it has served its purpose - until recently. The last 3 days has been impossible to watch a complete Episode without crashing. I have done ALL of the normal protocols, which are only a very temporary fix! I see the last time this was addressed on this Community was 2015! Huhhh??? Please help!!!!"

-------

Reply with a Photo:

Can you take a photo of this device, then reply with the photo as an attachment. Block out the serial number (using Preview App), if shown. That would help. To add the image, click on this button, when providing the reply:

A Few Other Thoughts:

• If it is overheating - just don't use it.

• To avoid this overheating, place it atop a powered on laptop cooler.

• Unplug this for 30 Seconds - try this once more. It is simple enough of a solution - works for many.

Apple TV Crashing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.