Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync contacts between my devices

I have two iPhones (iPhone 11 Pro Max and XR), both on the same apple account and always connected to same wifi internet.

If I add new contact on the 11 Pro Max, it will NOT automatically sync the contact to the XR, but

if I add new contact on the XR, it will automatically sync it to the 11 Pro Max.

I think it should be a two-way; either of them can sync to each other at any time?

Can anyone help to resolve this?

Posted on May 30, 2020 1:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 31, 2020 12:04 AM

hisstojay Said:

"Sync contacts between my devices: I have two iPhones (iPhone 11 Pro Max and XR), both on the same apple account and always connected to same wifi internet. If I add new contact on the 11 Pro Max, it will NOT automatically sync the contact to the XR, but if I add new contact on the XR, it will automatically sync it to the 11 Pro Max.I think it should be a two-way; either of them can sync to each other at any time?"

-------

See if "All iCloud" is Clicked in Contacts App:

On both iPhones, you need to select "All Contacts". So, see if that is clicked.

To Do So...

1. Go to: Contacts app
  2. Tap: Groups (Top-Left)
  3. Tap: on "All iCloud" so it is checked (Top-Right)

Screenshot of Contacts App:

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 31, 2020 12:04 AM in response to hisstojay

hisstojay Said:

"Sync contacts between my devices: I have two iPhones (iPhone 11 Pro Max and XR), both on the same apple account and always connected to same wifi internet. If I add new contact on the 11 Pro Max, it will NOT automatically sync the contact to the XR, but if I add new contact on the XR, it will automatically sync it to the 11 Pro Max.I think it should be a two-way; either of them can sync to each other at any time?"

-------

See if "All iCloud" is Clicked in Contacts App:

On both iPhones, you need to select "All Contacts". So, see if that is clicked.

To Do So...

1. Go to: Contacts app
  2. Tap: Groups (Top-Left)
  3. Tap: on "All iCloud" so it is checked (Top-Right)

Screenshot of Contacts App:

Sync contacts between my devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.