Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why i cannot restore backup in itunes?

I recently purchase the latest iphone, so i did backup on my iphone 7s Plus to itunes, and already reset the phone for my wife's usage. Turns out I cannot restore the backup on the new iphone 11 which the store has already setup basic things for me. what should i do now?

I haven't tried but Should I erase all content(reset) on the new phone, only then can see the "restore backup option" or is there any other way?

Posted on May 30, 2020 3:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2020 3:41 AM

Perhaps your new iPhone is running an earlier iOS version than the one used to backup your old unit.

You can restore from backup only if the destination device is running an equal or later iOS version.

Check it, and update your new iPhone before trying to restore from iTunes backup.

Regards

Giulio

2 replies

May 30, 2020 4:06 AM in response to davidbeckham23

Turns out I cannot restore the backup on the new iphone 11 which the store has already setup basic things for me. what should i do now?

What happens when you try?

You are correct in that anything stored on your phone between creating that iTunes back and now will be erased. Doesn't mean that's an issue if you expected that.

The "store" should have advised you of this.

Why i cannot restore backup in itunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.