Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't restore an old backup to my new iphone

There's no way to restore my old backup to my new phone without erasing all content. I did this one other time and it totally messed up the phone and I had to go back to the store to get it fixed. I would rather not do this. I thought I could just plug my phone in and it would pop up on itunes like it used to, but of course apple had to change itunes and now the iphone doesn't even show up on itunes. How do I fix this????

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 15, 2020 1:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2020 7:55 PM

Hello ilseks,

We're happy to help with this trouble you're having restoring your iPhone from a previous backup. Let's start by checking an updating iTunes on you computer if needed. Follow the steps here to do so:

Update to the latest version of iTunes

Next, get the steps to restore from a previous backup here:

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup

If you are sill unable to restore from the backup, and get any errors in iTunes, ge the steps to resolve that trouble here:

Find an iTunes or the Finder error code

Let us know if you have any questions, or run into any trouble.

Take care and be safe.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 16, 2020 7:55 PM in response to ilseks

Hello ilseks,

We're happy to help with this trouble you're having restoring your iPhone from a previous backup. Let's start by checking an updating iTunes on you computer if needed. Follow the steps here to do so:

Update to the latest version of iTunes

Next, get the steps to restore from a previous backup here:

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup

If you are sill unable to restore from the backup, and get any errors in iTunes, ge the steps to resolve that trouble here:

Find an iTunes or the Finder error code

Let us know if you have any questions, or run into any trouble.

Take care and be safe.

I can't restore an old backup to my new iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.