Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi connected but not working

My wifi is connected but it isn’t work. I have tried updating my phone, resetting network settings and all the other methods i’ve found online but every time i’m connected to my wifi the internet won’t load.

Posted on May 30, 2020 5:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2020 5:24 AM

Being connected to a Wifi Network, doesn't necessarily mean that you can have Internet Access. Have you tried your Internet access using a different Wifi Network?

If it works, the problem might be on your modem-router settings / configuration.

Turn it off and unplug it for at least 5 minutes.

Turn it back on and let it complete its autoconfiguration.

Then try to reconnect your iPhone.

Regards

Giulio

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 30, 2020 5:24 AM in response to hamishsc

Being connected to a Wifi Network, doesn't necessarily mean that you can have Internet Access. Have you tried your Internet access using a different Wifi Network?

If it works, the problem might be on your modem-router settings / configuration.

Turn it off and unplug it for at least 5 minutes.

Turn it back on and let it complete its autoconfiguration.

Then try to reconnect your iPhone.

Regards

Giulio

Jul 9, 2020 2:28 PM in response to ProustGiulio

Hi! I have the same issue with my iPhone 7 on ios 13, mind you that we are all using iPhones and mac/mac pro, and other devices at home but we didn't have any issues with connections except for that phone. We have tried everything from re-setting wi-fi and all other settings on the phone, and even forgetting the networks (all 3), turning airplane mode on/off, re-booting our wi-fi modem and wireless router, and finally restoring the phone. Nothing has changed. the wi-fi is connected but still the internet is not working for any apps or even the safari. But the weird thing about it though, the internet works only when using the hotspot from our phones.

Wifi connected but not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.