Newsroom Update

New features come to Apple services this fall. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Numbers not working on iMac but working on MacBook Pro

I have a 2018 27" iMac and a 2019 MacBook Pro both running the latest OS. Numbers works just fine on The MacBook Pro but not on the iMac. When I try to open an Excel file I either get blank cells or warning symbols but nothing else. I could use the MacBook but I have two large projects for which I need to use the iMac. I've tried trashing my preferences and re-downloading the app but nothing seems to work.

Thanks.

Posted on May 30, 2020 11:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2020 12:46 PM

I'd try a restart into Safe mode.

Click Restart (in the Apple Menu).

The Mac will quit all applications and shut down, then restart.

As soon as you hear the startup chime, press and hold the shift key until you see the apple logo appear and a progress bar below the logo.

Startup will take longer than usual as the process calls extra cleanup routines into play. You will also notice a degradation of video performance in Safe mode.

When startup has completed, do a second restart, this time without the shift key, launch Pages, and try the import again.

More about Safe mode here: How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

Regards,

Barry

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 30, 2020 12:46 PM in response to cyan42

I'd try a restart into Safe mode.

Click Restart (in the Apple Menu).

The Mac will quit all applications and shut down, then restart.

As soon as you hear the startup chime, press and hold the shift key until you see the apple logo appear and a progress bar below the logo.

Startup will take longer than usual as the process calls extra cleanup routines into play. You will also notice a degradation of video performance in Safe mode.

When startup has completed, do a second restart, this time without the shift key, launch Pages, and try the import again.

More about Safe mode here: How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

Regards,

Barry

Numbers not working on iMac but working on MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.