Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Device accessed by a third-party, logging out

Hi,

I left my iPhone 6 to my niece, however I forgot to log out of my iCloud on that phone.

I have now remotely removed that device from my iCloud accounts list and changed my password.

After doing so, will my iCloud and Apple ID still synch on the iPhone 6? Does the photo library of my new phone update in the given away iPhone 6? What about the mail and other services?

Will they still update on my niece's phone?

iPhone 6

Posted on May 30, 2020 1:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2020 1:18 PM

If you did the steps in the second part of the article below and erased your device, your ID will not sync to the phone. Your data should not sync. Changing your password should prevent syncing.

Turn off Activation Lock - Apple Support.      

10 replies

May 30, 2020 1:21 PM in response to LirienneX

See If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201472, this heading If Find My [device] is enabled on your missing device.

"Erase your device. To prevent anyone else from accessing the data on your missing device, you can erase it remotely. When you erase your device, all of your information (including credit, debit, or prepaid cards for Apple Pay) is deleted from the device, and you won't be able to find it using the Find My app or Find iPhone on iCloud.com. After you erase a device, you can't track it. If you remove the device from your account after you erase it, Activation Lock will be turned off. This allows another person to turn on and use your device.

Device accessed by a third-party, logging out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.