You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Emoji keyboard glitch

Hello,

Since the update of IOS 13 my emoji keyboard has been glitching. When I scroll the emoji keyboard to the emoji that I want , the keyboard jumps to the beginning of the emojis before I can select anything. Tried restarting my phone, reset the keyboard app, also downloaded the new IOS 13.5 with bk succes.

can anyone explain to me why this is happening because it is frustrating and how can I fix it.

thankyou

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on May 30, 2020 3:07 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2020 7:32 AM

I have the same problem. A glitch while scrolling abruptly jumps to somewhere in the emojis, maybe where it was while opening the keyboard, but where inertia would naturally stop.

Removing and re-adding the Emoji keyboard doesn’t help.

Please fix this, Apple. It’s the ugliest glitch on iOS and most frustrating thing every time I’m picking an emoji.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 14, 2020 7:32 AM in response to rose_10

I have the same problem. A glitch while scrolling abruptly jumps to somewhere in the emojis, maybe where it was while opening the keyboard, but where inertia would naturally stop.

Removing and re-adding the Emoji keyboard doesn’t help.

Please fix this, Apple. It’s the ugliest glitch on iOS and most frustrating thing every time I’m picking an emoji.

Jun 1, 2020 1:35 PM in response to Chrys11

Hello Chrys11,

It sounds like your emoji keyboard is jumping to the beginning before a selection could be made. I would suggest trying to remove the keyboard and add it again.

Settings>General>Keyboard>Keyboards>Edit>Choose the keyboard to be removed.

Then select "Add New Keyboard"

If you are using a third-party keyboard I suggest adding it in the messages App Store.

Use iMessage apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Cheers!

Emoji keyboard glitch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.