Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Import back to Photos not sorted when using Export using “Sequential”

Here is what I do:

Export from Photos using “Sequential” on my MacBook (Catalina 10.15.5)

The filenames come sorted as, example:  1.jpeg , 2.ipeg, …10.ipeg, 11.ipeg … 20.ipeg, etc.

When I Import them back into Photos, they sort as follows which is not correct.  

1.jpeg

10.jpeg

11.jpeg

2.jpeg

20.jpeg

3.ipeg

Etc.

Any ideas how to get them to sort correctly when I Import them back to Photos?

Thanks 

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 30, 2020 8:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2020 11:22 PM

Instead of exporting using "Sequential" you could export with "Use Title" and change the titles to include running numbers, with padded leading zeros.

Here is an Apple Script that will change the titles of the photos to include running numbers:

As you are running Catalina on your Mac, it will be best to select the photos in the All Photos view or a top level album.

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 30, 2020 11:22 PM in response to NorcalBenny

Instead of exporting using "Sequential" you could export with "Use Title" and change the titles to include running numbers, with padded leading zeros.

Here is an Apple Script that will change the titles of the photos to include running numbers:

As you are running Catalina on your Mac, it will be best to select the photos in the All Photos view or a top level album.

May 31, 2020 9:27 AM in response to léonie

Thanks  léonie,

I have used your fantastic script

Script: Batch Changing the Titles to the Filename w/Extension

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-8414

This moved the Filename to Titles in my Photo Album; however, the Title is sorted Alphabetically.

I’ll try this new script you recommend Padding the Sequential Numbers

Apple Script that will change the titles of the photos to include running numbers:

Old Toad: Batch Change Title to Text w/Padded Sequential Numbers

Import back to Photos not sorted when using Export using “Sequential”

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.