Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to install Windows 10 via Bootcamp on late 2013 iMac?

I'm using an iMac (27-inch, Late 2013) 3.2 GHz core i5, and trying to install Windows 10 via bootcamp. I've downloaded the Windows 10 iso and got an external 32GB USB stick for the install disk (formatted in exFAT). When running bootcamp, it however prompts with the error "Your bootable USB drive could not be created - There is not enough space available on the disk". Would anyone be able to kindly advise where I might have went wrong?

Posted on May 31, 2020 9:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2020 7:13 PM

Thanks for the pointer Loner T, much appreciated :)

I've been researching some forums and am glad to inform that I have successfully got Windows 10 up and running via Boot Camp!

The reason I was getting the insufficient space error was because Boot Camp was trying to create the bootable USB drive formatted in FAT32 (which has a 4GB limitation), whereas the Win10 ISO is in the ~5GB range. I followed "Answer #1" in the url below to manually create a bootable Win10 USB drive, formatted in ExFAT. Once done, I ran Boot Camp Assistant and only selected the option to install Windows. From there on it was pretty smooth sailing.

https://superuser.com/questions/1385264/boot-camp-assistant-fails-to-create-the-usb-installer-from-the-windows-10-octobe

FYI I am still running macOS Sierra 10.12.6.

Thank you and good luck all!

Similar questions

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 1, 2020 7:13 PM in response to Loner T

Thanks for the pointer Loner T, much appreciated :)

I've been researching some forums and am glad to inform that I have successfully got Windows 10 up and running via Boot Camp!

The reason I was getting the insufficient space error was because Boot Camp was trying to create the bootable USB drive formatted in FAT32 (which has a 4GB limitation), whereas the Win10 ISO is in the ~5GB range. I followed "Answer #1" in the url below to manually create a bootable Win10 USB drive, formatted in ExFAT. Once done, I ran Boot Camp Assistant and only selected the option to install Windows. From there on it was pretty smooth sailing.

https://superuser.com/questions/1385264/boot-camp-assistant-fails-to-create-the-usb-installer-from-the-windows-10-octobe

FYI I am still running macOS Sierra 10.12.6.

Thank you and good luck all!

Unable to install Windows 10 via Bootcamp on late 2013 iMac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.