Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad battery drained out and not charging up with blank screen or blinking red battery symbol (RESOLVED)

2018 iPad 12.9" battery drained out and could not be charged up with a red battery symbol flashing or just a blank screen when plugged into a charger. Took me a day to resolve the issue and just wanted to share to the apple communities out there to save you some time.

If you are facing this issue, simply follow the steps below for a hard reset for iPad without the previous model of having the 'Home' button:

1) Plugged iPad into your wall socket or computer (I did it with my iMac usb-c to usb-c on my iPad)

• To know that your iPad is plugged in properly, simply press the power or volume button. A red battery symbol should appear

Followed by a hard reset:

2) click on volume up

3) click volume down

4) then hold on your power button for at least 30 secs

The apple symbol will appear. Unlock your iPad and keep it charged up until 100%. Restart your iPad by switching it off for a while and switch it back on. Cheers!

Yours truly,

Jansonrealtor

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on May 31, 2020 11:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2020 11:17 PM

Hi jansonrealtor

Thanks for posting this. I'm having the same problem with my 11" iPad Pro (2018). I tried the step you mentioned, but it did not work. Were you using the charger that came with the device? I'm using one which I got with my Pixel 2 as the one that came with the iPad Pro stopped working last year. I'm thinking of going and purchasing a Apple charger or a certified Anker one, if that's what causing the problem.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2020 11:17 PM in response to jansonrealtor

Hi jansonrealtor

Thanks for posting this. I'm having the same problem with my 11" iPad Pro (2018). I tried the step you mentioned, but it did not work. Were you using the charger that came with the device? I'm using one which I got with my Pixel 2 as the one that came with the iPad Pro stopped working last year. I'm thinking of going and purchasing a Apple charger or a certified Anker one, if that's what causing the problem.

iPad battery drained out and not charging up with blank screen or blinking red battery symbol (RESOLVED)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.