Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My BT email is not working

I have been unable to send receive emails from my btinternet account . I have spoken to bt and went through deleting and adding back my account but does not work. Bt says there is no problem with my bt email and to contact you pls can you assist

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 1, 2020 1:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2020 11:45 AM

Hi Declan 195

I had the same problem and spent nearly a week getting the problem fixed.

What BT don’t tell you on their “super improved email” message is that you will have to change your password to allow your Apple device to accept the change.

Even if you can sign into your email account on “MY BT” with your existing username and password, you would think that it would be ok on your Apple device, but it is not.

Thanks BT for wasting a week of my life that I will not get back !

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 4, 2020 11:45 AM in response to declan195

Hi Declan 195

I had the same problem and spent nearly a week getting the problem fixed.

What BT don’t tell you on their “super improved email” message is that you will have to change your password to allow your Apple device to accept the change.

Even if you can sign into your email account on “MY BT” with your existing username and password, you would think that it would be ok on your Apple device, but it is not.

Thanks BT for wasting a week of my life that I will not get back !

Jun 3, 2020 12:44 AM in response to declan195

I also have this problem since BT “super improved” my email last week.

I cannot send or receive.

They said that server settings were to be “Mail.btinternet.com” but they were that anyway.

I keep getting the message that username or password is incorrect, bit I know that they are ok as I can send and receive via “My BT”.

I tried deleting one of my accounts from my iPad and my iPhone, and now I cannot re-instate it.

I have posted the problem on the BT Community, but have still to receive a reply.

This is so irritating as it has worked ok for years, and now they have “super improved” it !!

I suspect that this is a BT problem, rather than an Apple problem.

My BT email is not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.