Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Site Not Secure

I have Safari 11.1.2, but when I go to www.lwvbc.org, I am getting a site not secure even though I have an SSL installed, any suggestions?

iMac, OS X 10.11

Posted on Jun 1, 2020 8:35 AM

4 replies

Jun 1, 2020 12:30 PM in response to GWClubexpress

GWClubexpress Said:

"I have an older MAC and can no longer upgrade Safari, anything else?"

-------

Three Thoughts:

• Use Another Browser for SSL (HTTPS):

Well, then try using another Web browser (Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome). But, keep off the site. Boot into Safe Mode (Hold Down the shift key upon boot). In Safe Mode, items open and run as the would by default, with all preferences and caches set aside.

• Uninstall Security Software:

Any Security Software installed? If so, uninstall it, as it just gets in the way on a Mac, and this is a pure example of how and why. Get the uninstaller from the developer's site, and no where else. On the good side of things, it is probably not letting you in because it knows it is an unsafe site. But, Safari would tell you that anyhow. Once again, uninstall the software, and use none other than the developer's site to download it.

• Safari May have a Bug:

Reinstalling the macOS may be best from here. Safari is built into the macOS. And with that being the case, you would need to reinstall the macOS. You could not just uninstall, and then reinstall, Safari. Go Here: Reinstall macOS - Apple Support. In step two of that site, use this: Option-Command-R - it will install the most recent version compatible on your macOS. That is good for secure purposes.

Jun 1, 2020 11:53 AM in response to GWClubexpress

GWClubexpress Said:

"Site Not Secure I have Safari 11.1.2, but when I go to www.lwvbc.org, I am getting a site not secure even though I have an SSL installed, any suggestions?"

-------

Remove Cookies, Caches, and Malware:

I would stay off of that site. Being such as site as it is, it seems it may install malware on your Mac.

So, try the following...

• Clear Temporary Internet Files

Try clearing your Temporary Internet Files (Cookies & Cache) of Safari. Cookies perform remembrance of certain site-entered data. Whereas Cache keeps a snapshot of the last time you visited a site.  Use this Link: Clearing History and Cache - Apple Communities

Then...

• Scan for Malware:

Start with running a scan for malware, using Malwarebytes for Mac and remove what is found.

Site Not Secure

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.