Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issues with the display of Macbook Pro.

I have been using Macbooks for the past 10 years, and throughly enjoyed my experience until recently.

My latest Macbook Pro with Touchbar has had issues in the past with

●2 Times with the Keyboard

(Lack of Travel in the Keys & multiple letter input errors respectively).

● 1 Time with the Display

(Went blank with everythink else working including the Touchbar)

All of these issues have been resolved by the Apple Service centers as they simply changed the Top Case multiple times and changing the display one time.

But that isn't the last one now my Macbook pro has been starting to have another issue with the Display (Keyboard Layout etched into the screen P.S. "The Image is attached below"), which the service center "Unicorn" here in Defence Colony, Delhi have denied to help me with because it doesn't come prelisted in the pdf shared with.

I have also tried reaching Apple Support via call and they stated they don't handle Hardware Issues for which the only authority is the service center.

As you can see the etching in the image its really becoming an issue which using the display for movies or reading important articles.

I didn't expect such a bad experience from MacBook when i bought the latest Macbook 3 years ago.

I would appreciate any and all response in helping me find a solution for this problem.

Regards

Parth Khurana

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 1, 2020 1:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2020 11:15 PM

Thannk You for your reply HWTech .

Yes I found about the repair program for the coating issue as it was mention by the service agent.

He stated that if your screen gets much worse we'll change it even if its out of warranty as long as its within 4 years of purchase.

Similar questions

4 replies

Jun 1, 2020 6:55 PM in response to Parthkhurana

There is a secret free Apple repair program for the anti-reflective coating issue as mentioned in this article:

https://www.macrumors.com/2017/11/17/apple-extends-free-staingate-repairs/

However, Apple has very strict guidelines for whether a screen displaying coating issues such as yours with imprints of the keys. While I can see some of the marks I personally don't think they will be severe enough for the tech to replace it for free under this secret repair program when following Apple's strict guidelines for coverage. The best you can do is ask and if they decline the free repair then you don't have much choice. You can however provide product feedback to Apple here:

https://www.apple.com/feedback/

Jun 1, 2020 8:25 PM in response to kennedy282

kennedy282 wrote:

Hi, I was wondering how much it cost to change the top case?

The "Top Case" is the part containing the Keyboard and Trackpad and Palmrest. To find out the price to replace the Display Assembly you will need to contact Apple for an estimate since prices vary by region and the labor charged by various service providers and the size of the Display.

Issues with the display of Macbook Pro.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.