Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro won’t recognize its battery

Hi

Ive got a MacBook Pro early 2015 and I’ve never encounter any problem with it until two days ago. I was watching a movie and got a message that only had 2% battery remaining. Since I was tired I closed my laptop and let it be. The next day I put it to charge and after an hour I notice that nothing has chart and the battery wasn’t being displayed. I rubbed a diagnostic and no battery was detected. I resented the SMC about 10times and nothing changed. I turned it on and off 1000 more times and nothing has changed. Today I finally decided it to open it and unplug the battery and try and drain any power left but nothing. I can use the laptop only while plugged in. The charger has light and is working fine. Just don’t know what to do. Here is a picture of the only thing I thought it was off and I just hoped somebody could help me. Thanks

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Jun 1, 2020 1:26 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Jun 1, 2020 7:12 PM in response to KulunduV

The circled area shows corrosion on the battery contact board. It could be the result of liquid damage which tends to be pervasive. No amount of SMC resetting is about to fix that. Contact Apple to determine your repair options.

It's quite impossible to drain a battery to depletion by disconnecting it. Upon reaching a critically low state of charge lithium ion batteries electrically disconnect themselves to the outside world, including all externally available conductors, to preclude the possibility of creating a hazardous condition. It wasn't worth the effort, but at least you identified the problem.

MacBook Pro won’t recognize its battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.