Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Random words that get autocorrected with caps no matter how many times I retype

I am trying to fix several things that keep auto correcting with caps and I don’t know if it is just a matter or having it ‘on’ or ‘off’ w/o creating any rules.

For example - people come to my house a lot and I describe it as the White House which you can see gets autocorrected no matter how many times I type. Also random words like Med, which I did not capitalize. I find it distracting when I am writing something and I don’t know how to fix it. If I make a correction in a word as well, when I go to fix the word, it will put it in as a ‘cap’ instead of lower case. If I am typing something long, it is very time consuming to fix it and then blank it out and retype it again, meaning every action has to have 3 key strokes instead of 1. This happened something last summer with one of these updates. Please help!

Posted on Jun 1, 2020 10:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2020 10:58 PM

Watch the two GIFs below. I am unable to understand your difficulty. You may learn --> Type and edit text on iPhone - Apple Support

1 reply

Random words that get autocorrected with caps no matter how many times I retype

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.