Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot sign in to apple id on macbook pro

I recently rebooted my mac from a time machine back up. The first time I opened it I did not sign in to apple ID but opted to sign in later. Now it will not let me sign in. I have signed into the online apple id page and could see the macbook pro so I deleted it as I thought there was confusion between the old version and now the rebooted version. But I still cannot sign in. I am sure my address and password are correct. I am logged into other apple devices and can see the apple ID password in key chain. I have repeatedly tried to log into icould, and itunes on the macbook pro and each time get the same message: 'Verification failed. This action could not be completed. Please try again.' Any suggestions, anybody please!

Mac Pro

Posted on Jun 2, 2020 5:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2020 6:18 AM

fionnualaShenpen wrote:

I recently rebooted my mac from a time machine back up. The first time I opened it I did not sign in to apple ID but opted to sign in later. Now it will not let me sign in. I have signed into the online apple id page and could see the macbook pro so I deleted it as I thought there was confusion between the old version and now the rebooted version. But I still cannot sign in. I am sure my address and password are correct. I am logged into other apple devices and can see the apple ID password in key chain. I have repeatedly tried to log into icould, and itunes on the macbook pro and each time get the same message: 'Verification failed. This action could not be completed. Please try again.' Any suggestions, anybody please!

If you can't connect or sign in to iCloud - Apple Support

Sign in to your Apple ID preferences on Mac - Apple Support

If your Apple ID is locked or disabled - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 2, 2020 6:18 AM in response to fionnualaShenpen

fionnualaShenpen wrote:

If you can't connect or sign in to iCloud - Apple Support

Sign in to your Apple ID preferences on Mac - Apple Support

If your Apple ID is locked or disabled - Apple Support

cannot sign in to apple id on macbook pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.