Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is Applecare purchased in the UK valid in Italy

Hi - I have an AppleCare package for my iPhone XS Max. I have cracked the back and slightly bent the metal sides - the screen, thankfully, is fine. I bought the phone and AppleCare in the UK, but now I am in Italy, and wanted to know if the AppleCare can be used at a store in Italy?

Also, I am trying to weigh up if the cost of the repair is worthwhile, vs the trade in price of the slightly damaged phone - the cost is £79 unless they treat it as a screen and charge £25. Of course I might get a new phone...or just leave it, accept the lower trade in and wait for the 12 to come out!

All thoughts helpful!

iPhone XS Max, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 2, 2020 8:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2020 8:40 AM

You are in the fortunate position of being in the EU along with the UK (for now). If you purchased AppleCare+ you are covered by the extended warranty anywhere in the EU. So yes, it should be valid in Italy. They will have to replace the phone, because the back glass cannot be replaced (the internals are glued to it).

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 2, 2020 8:40 AM in response to The Winerunner

You are in the fortunate position of being in the EU along with the UK (for now). If you purchased AppleCare+ you are covered by the extended warranty anywhere in the EU. So yes, it should be valid in Italy. They will have to replace the phone, because the back glass cannot be replaced (the internals are glued to it).

Is Applecare purchased in the UK valid in Italy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.