Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad 1 generation

hi guys i have a ipad 1 generation and its in the bootloop i cant open it and battery is not working only i can charge from original apple charger if i plug the computer its screen only black i plugged my all adapter its only working 5v 1A original apple adapter but its in bootloop i want to open from i tunes but i said its work from only original adapter if i unplug screen going to black

iPad 3G

Posted on Jun 2, 2020 8:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2020 8:43 AM

As described, your long-obsolete first generation iPad likely has a terminal battery failure - which would not be surprising given that it is over ten years old. Other than an unauthorised repair, the cost of which will far outweigh it value, there’s little that you can do.

If you do ever manage to resolve the failed battery, you’re not going to find any compatible/downloadable Apps within the App Store.

The best (and realistically sensible) advice is to “say goodbye” to an old friend - and permanently retire the iPad. Replacement iPad, even the most basic, will be a rocket-ship by comparison - and will benefit from iPadOS 13 and a wide range of compatible Apps.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 2, 2020 8:43 AM in response to selim229

As described, your long-obsolete first generation iPad likely has a terminal battery failure - which would not be surprising given that it is over ten years old. Other than an unauthorised repair, the cost of which will far outweigh it value, there’s little that you can do.

If you do ever manage to resolve the failed battery, you’re not going to find any compatible/downloadable Apps within the App Store.

The best (and realistically sensible) advice is to “say goodbye” to an old friend - and permanently retire the iPad. Replacement iPad, even the most basic, will be a rocket-ship by comparison - and will benefit from iPadOS 13 and a wide range of compatible Apps.

ipad 1 generation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.