Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connecting two displays with USB C dock with extended view

Hi!

I bought a new Macbook Pro 16" and a new XtremeMac Type-C docking station.

I wanted to use two external monitors by connecting them to this docking station like i flawlessly did on my 2012 Macbook.

The displays are connected by HDMI and Displayport and are both from LG (same type).

For some reason the Macbook only sees one display and thus mirrors the screen to both monitors.

I'm not able to use the monitors seperately.

I also tried to connect one by HDMI and one by VGA, but this does not solve the problem.

I also tried connecting a different type of monitor i had (AOC), but gives the same result.

Where do i start?

Thanks a lot for your comments.

Vloet

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 2, 2020 11:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2020 11:27 AM

I've read a few times already. The problem is that the macbook doesn't see two screens. Just as if only one monitor is connected, even though I have the same image on both screens.

Similar questions

5 replies

Jun 3, 2020 9:34 AM in response to BobTheFisherman

According to what i've read accross the web this is caused by the lack of support for MST.

Strange, XtremeMac that designs the docking for Mac but is not supported...

have you got any idea what i would need to connect two displays to the MBP 2019 with one USB C/T3 and use them both as extended desktop? Or is this not possible because OSX is poorly designed?

Thanks!

Connecting two displays with USB C dock with extended view

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.