Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage is never signed into?

I cannot use the "messages" feature on on my MacBook. Every time I try to use it, it says it cannot recognize the password. It asks for my Apple ID & Password which I gave it. Unfortunately, this sets off a domino effect if I change my Apple ID & Password and - then the devices linked to it for a great result: "Do not recognize your ID or Password"

Posted on Jun 2, 2020 12:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2020 12:08 PM

If you have changed your ID or password, have you followed the steps in this article?

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support.      

For Messages, are you running any anti - virus programs? Using a VPN?

Try setting up another admin user account in System Preferences/Users & Groups to see if the same problem continues. Please post back on whether or not this worked. Also try the Safe Mode. Please post back on whether or not this worked.

Isolating an issue by using another user account    

Safe Mode - About.       

If it works in the Safe Mode, try running this program when booted normally and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor.  Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown. If the log won’t post, try posting it in Pastebin and provide a link in a reply. After pasting the report in a PasteBin page, go to the top of the page, and copy the address in the URL bar. Paste that in a new reply.        Pastebin.    

Etrecheck – System Information.      

Web site version if required.  https://etrecheck.com

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 2, 2020 12:08 PM in response to DDGoose82

If you have changed your ID or password, have you followed the steps in this article?

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support.      

For Messages, are you running any anti - virus programs? Using a VPN?

Try setting up another admin user account in System Preferences/Users & Groups to see if the same problem continues. Please post back on whether or not this worked. Also try the Safe Mode. Please post back on whether or not this worked.

Isolating an issue by using another user account    

Safe Mode - About.       

If it works in the Safe Mode, try running this program when booted normally and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor.  Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown. If the log won’t post, try posting it in Pastebin and provide a link in a reply. After pasting the report in a PasteBin page, go to the top of the page, and copy the address in the URL bar. Paste that in a new reply.        Pastebin.    

Etrecheck – System Information.      

Web site version if required.  https://etrecheck.com

Jun 2, 2020 12:34 PM in response to Eric Root

Well, Changing my Apple ID Password didn't have any affect on messages this time since it still doesn't recognize it. This was the 3rd time I've attempted this with the same result which tells me to stop here.

I don't want to go so drastic as to change my Primary Apple ID completely; the logic in my head is still intact and I don't want to give myself a heart attack going too far off since I have been shown around 300 times out of 100 to not trust Apple faithfully on this since they want me to have multiple passwords because the communication between one device doesn't seamlessly talk to another Apple Device? (saying that this is why you are setting up only one will be about the 30th time you've said so)

I'll just leave it here since I grew up in Austin, Texas with a lot of friends that went to work at Dell; perhaps they have told me something in the computer aspect.

(Time is Money in the Factual Business World)

iMessage is never signed into?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.