Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

A thin straight line appearing on ipad pro screen

A thin straight line appearing on ipad pro screen, anyone with similar issue and fix ?

Posted on Jun 2, 2020 2:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2020 12:02 AM

@Figbash : The issue in my case was, it was sudden and not dependent on any apps, it was appearing on home screen and on any app.. even after the iPad is reset.

Update : The Amazon India helped with Tablet inspection and based on that analysis, the item is now returned to Amazon India and the amount is refunded back to account.

Thanks Amazon India.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 12, 2020 12:02 AM in response to Figbash

@Figbash : The issue in my case was, it was sudden and not dependent on any apps, it was appearing on home screen and on any app.. even after the iPad is reset.

Update : The Amazon India helped with Tablet inspection and based on that analysis, the item is now returned to Amazon India and the amount is refunded back to account.

Thanks Amazon India.

Jun 2, 2020 2:25 PM in response to sunilfromrishra

If the line doesn’t respond to a forced-restart of your iPad, you may have a hardware screen fault.

To force-restart your iPad:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On an iPad with Face ID: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

If unresponsive to the restart, you should contact Apple Support for assistance. You’ll find the Contact Support link at top-right of the page.

Jun 3, 2020 1:48 AM in response to LotusPilot

Thanks for your response . I do not see the issue now though.

Apple support suggested to return the item back to Amazon .

Amazon is sending a technician tomorrow to look into the issue.

Attaching here two pics one with issue and one without taken from phone

check red thin line below “Based on what line...”

now if I scroll page , you can see it above “Based on what line...”

This issue was consistent across all apps and even on home screen.

It was appearing an hour back but do not see the issue now

No issues seen now :

Any suggestions.

Jun 6, 2020 6:45 AM in response to LotusPilot

Update : Amazon.in sent a Tablet inspection service to my home address. The inspection guy could not replicate the issue and just reset the iPad and left.

The issue reappeared after few hours.On informing Amazon.in again, Amazon.in is sending another Tablet inspection on Monday 8 June 2020 . The last date to replace/return is 12th Jun 2020.

I

A thin straight line appearing on ipad pro screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.