Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID verification failed

I keep getting an error when trying to log into my Apple ID saying “verification failed, The application you have selected does not exist”

this is on my iPhone 8, iPad Air 2, and iPad mini 2.

iPhone 8

Posted on Jun 2, 2020 4:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2020 4:54 PM

I'm also experiencing this today (June 2, 2020), but on a Mac.

Maybe some more detail that could help: this morning I got an error "Your Apple ID has been disabled for security reasons." Not entirely sure what happened, I went through the recommended steps and reset my password on a MacBook Pro (2019 - work laptop), and then logged in to AppleID/iCloud again. I repeated this on my iPhone XS successfully. I was also able to log in to my AppleTV successfully.

This evening, I opened up my MacBook Pro (2015 - personal laptop) and got prompted to log back in with Apple ID - not surprising. But I got the "The application you have selected does not exist" error repeatedly. I rebooted also. No luck.

Edit: There is indeed an issue ongoing - if you look at https://www.apple.com/ca/support/systemstatus/ - there is an outage listed:

iCloud Account & Sign In - Issue

Today, 5:16 PM - ongoing
Some users are affected
Users may be unable to sign in.

(note that's EDT, so the issue was known almost 2hrs prior to the original post, and almost 3hrs from now.

420 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 2, 2020 4:54 PM in response to Jasonhe54

I'm also experiencing this today (June 2, 2020), but on a Mac.

Maybe some more detail that could help: this morning I got an error "Your Apple ID has been disabled for security reasons." Not entirely sure what happened, I went through the recommended steps and reset my password on a MacBook Pro (2019 - work laptop), and then logged in to AppleID/iCloud again. I repeated this on my iPhone XS successfully. I was also able to log in to my AppleTV successfully.

This evening, I opened up my MacBook Pro (2015 - personal laptop) and got prompted to log back in with Apple ID - not surprising. But I got the "The application you have selected does not exist" error repeatedly. I rebooted also. No luck.

Edit: There is indeed an issue ongoing - if you look at https://www.apple.com/ca/support/systemstatus/ - there is an outage listed:

iCloud Account & Sign In - Issue

Today, 5:16 PM - ongoing
Some users are affected
Users may be unable to sign in.

(note that's EDT, so the issue was known almost 2hrs prior to the original post, and almost 3hrs from now.

Jun 2, 2020 8:26 PM in response to Jasonhe54

hey everyone I was able to finally get in! four things:

1. whatever was wrong with the system earlier with the "verification" changed so when I tried to log in to apple ID on my laptop is said my password "was incorrect" instead so I figured finally that weird message stopped.
  2. I tried to log in with my recently reset password on my laptop and it didn't let me in again so i tried my iphone instead
  3. my iphone's systems preferences let me reset my password and then automatically logged me back in so problem solved! yay!
  4. I went back to my laptop and tried to sign in with the new password I made on my phone and double yay! let me back in.

moral of the story, dang it why we have to rely on technology so much and why is it so frustrating when ur Apple ID locks you out even though you can still do most things on your devices without it IMO. so strange. IDK what changed in the air but its working again on my end. good luck!

Jun 2, 2020 4:49 PM in response to Jasonhe54

Same problem. Happened after trying to use Apple Pay. Asked for me to log in for verification, I kept getting this error when entering my password. I then changed my password, which accepted, then tried again. I keep getting this error. More and more things are asking for my login which it still doesn’t accept. I’ve cycled the phone and still nothing.

Jun 2, 2020 4:45 PM in response to Jasonhe54

Work at a phone store and just attempted to help a customer with this same issue. Tried signing into appleid.apple.com with their info and it immediately signed back out. Signed in with my info, which hasn't been on an Apple device in 3 years, and same thing happened. While their server status link says that their servers are up, Apple just seems to be having some weird sign-in issue. I would just give it time to sort itself out.

Jun 2, 2020 4:46 PM in response to Jasonhe54

The only thing I could sign into using my Apple ID (prompted by Touch ID for this instance) was this discussions page. Apple Pay no longer works, I can’t even log into iCloud.com using my Apple ID. Haven’t changed anything account wise recently and haven’t updated or rebooted since buying lunch with Apple Pay without issue yesterday.

phone has been prompting me to “update Apple ID settings” but login their yields the same error the ORIGINAL poster posted.

please fix this crap Apple!

Apple ID verification failed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.