Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro - trackpad able to move but no click event possible; wireless mouse can only right-click

MacBook Pro from mid-2014. Just updated to Mojave 10.14.6, and right after I did my click function stopped working:

• I can make the cursor move with the trackpad but am unable to click on anything.
  • Keyboard works.
  • I bought a wireless and wired mouse, and tried the wireless mouse. It is able to right-click only - left click doesn’t work, meaning I can’t access many things. Am assuming the same will go for the wired mouse.
  • Have restarted multiple times with no change.
  • Ran diagnostics and it didn’t identify any hardware problems.

Anyone?

Thank you!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jun 2, 2020 6:33 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Jun 3, 2020 12:38 AM in response to avigirl

1. Reset SMC by following the directions applicable to your MacBook Air here ➔ How to Reset SMC. If that does not solve things then-
  2. Reset NVRAM/PRAM by following the directions applicable to your MacBook Air here ➔ How to Reset NVRAM/PRAM. If that does not solve things then-
  3. Enter ➔ Safe Mode and see if the screen issue still exists in Safe mode. Log out of Safe Mode and then reboot computer. 

Axel F.

Jun 3, 2020 2:20 PM in response to avigirl

I assume that the Wired mouse is behaving the same way? No Left Click?

Lets try something different-

Open System Preferences ➔ TrackPad - Put a CHECK on Secondary Click. Put a CHECK on Tap to Click.

The purpose of this is to see whether we can get away without clicking but get the tasks done just by taping on the Trackpad. Single tab = Left Click. Tap with two fingers = Right Click.

Axel F.

MacBook Pro - trackpad able to move but no click event possible; wireless mouse can only right-click

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.