Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OS Mojave - Mouse right click still not working

I have tried deleting com.apple.AppleMultitouchMouse.plist (and also com.apple.driver.AppleBluetoothMultitouch.mouse.plist after that), then restarting. I have tried to debug. I have disconnected - restarting after each of these. None of these have solved my problem of the right click working when I select Secondary Click

If I select the "click on left side", then it works, but my normal left click action stops working.

I'm on Mac MS Mojave (v 10.14.6). It's a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, mid-2014) with 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7 processor.

According to everything I could find, the solutions I tried should solve the problem. It is not a faulty mouse - the right click worked on a different Mac running a different OS.

Thank you.

Posted on Dec 18, 2020 10:18 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Dec 18, 2020 11:08 AM in response to clherbert

Oh, if you want other helpers you might wish to start a new thread since there's no way to undo the Solved, of course I'm willing to help further, but have no trackpad.

I do owe you a Solve now that you gave it!

Did this happen after the 2020-005 or 2020-006 SecUpd for Mojave?

Try reinstalling this in Safe Mode, but not using Firefox...

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/macos-mojave/id1398502828?mt=12

Safe Boot, (holding Shift key down at startup).

Seems to fix about 90% of the problems.

OS Mojave - Mouse right click still not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.