Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro 13" won't setup my HP printer

My Macbook Pro 13 2020 won't allow setup of my HP 7640 because it can't scan the drivers

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 2, 2020 7:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2020 8:36 PM

HP ENVY 7640 e-All-in-One Series is an Apple AirPrint-enabled device. If it is not already installed as an AirPrint printer, remove the existing entry in Printers & Scanners, and add it again. You may want to reset the printing system which will remove all entries from Printers & Scanners. Then, refer to Add a printer on Mac. When adding the printer again, you must specifically choose AirPrint.

Do not install any drivers. No drivers are necessary. Apple recommends that you do not install any drivers or other software from the device manufacturer.

It's not clear to me whether you are asking about scanning. To scan documents using your HP ENVY 7640 e-All-in-One, refer to Scan images or documents. Once again you do not require any manufacturer-provided software.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 2, 2020 8:36 PM in response to sherrierealtor

HP ENVY 7640 e-All-in-One Series is an Apple AirPrint-enabled device. If it is not already installed as an AirPrint printer, remove the existing entry in Printers & Scanners, and add it again. You may want to reset the printing system which will remove all entries from Printers & Scanners. Then, refer to Add a printer on Mac. When adding the printer again, you must specifically choose AirPrint.

Do not install any drivers. No drivers are necessary. Apple recommends that you do not install any drivers or other software from the device manufacturer.

It's not clear to me whether you are asking about scanning. To scan documents using your HP ENVY 7640 e-All-in-One, refer to Scan images or documents. Once again you do not require any manufacturer-provided software.

Macbook Pro 13" won't setup my HP printer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.