Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

hp printer M29w can not work with Mac OS12

that's it

Posted on Nov 11, 2021 5:51 AM

3 replies

Nov 11, 2021 7:56 AM in response to Dragon_killer

When networked (Ethernet, or Wi-Fi) the HP M29w is supported by Apple's built-in AirPrint, and does not require HP software or drivers.

Visit System Preferences > Printers & Scanners panel, and right-click on the M29W entry in Printers. Choose Reset printing system… and re-add the device. For my Ethernet connected Samsung ML-2955ND laser, whose only support on Monterey is AirPrint, once I selected the Reset printing system… the Printers panel cleared, and I needed to click the [+] button to open the Add Printer panel shown below:

Older versions of macOS used to present AirPrint as a clear selection choice for the Use category, but in Monterey, it uses Auto Select, which presented the content of the Use example above. You don't want the HP drivers… The above when I selected Add, produced a Printers entry whose description was Samsung ML-2950 Series-Airprint.

hp printer M29w can not work with Mac OS12

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.