Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook pro 2016 randomly blacking out

My macbook pro is having an issue where, all of a sudden, the display blacks out, although I can see by the touch bar that everything is still working as normal, and the brightness is on full. I’ve repeatedly turned it on and off, and I’ve tried resetting the NVRAM/PRAM, to no avail; every time I turn it on again, even if I try to start in recovery mode, I can’t even see the apple logo; I know it’s on because the trackpad clicks, but otherwise there’s no response. The battery is full and it’s plugged in.

So far I’ve somehow gotten it to work again once by resetting the SMC, which brought up a language selector and a password reset dialogue which gives you the option to reset the computer. This doesn’t seem to work every time though and I’d really like to fix the core issue.

Please help!

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jun 2, 2020 8:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2020 11:10 PM

Unfortunately, it needs repair already. That has been the problem of some MacBook Pro 2016, the flexgate used was too short. They changed it on the later released MacBook Pros. You can have it repaired by authorized service centers, for free.

https://support.apple.com/en-ph/13-inch-macbook-pro-display-backlight-service

Similar questions

5 replies

Macbook pro 2016 randomly blacking out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.