Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Black screen of macbook pro 2016

My Macbook Pro 2016, with MacOS 10.14.6, was working completely fine, and it put it into sleep mode for about an hour plugged into charge. When i returned the screen is black but the keyboard is on and the mouse is clicking. It makes the chime when it starts up. Ive tried turning it off and on, safe mode reboot, rebooting with resetting the SMC, NVRAM, and in recovery mode. Any help would be much appreciated.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Sep 1, 2021 7:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2021 6:35 AM

Hi bellsze,

I experienced a similar issue with my 2016 MacBook Pro - almost identical to how you described yours. I connected mine to an external monitor and discovered that the built-in display backlight had died on my Mac. (The Mac otherwise worked perfectly fine using the external monitor.) I think that's probably the case for yours as well.

Your Mac might be eligible to have this issue repaired for free: 13-inch MacBook Pro Display Backlight Service Program - Apple Support

To set up a repair, contact Apple Support.

EDIT: Back up your Mac using Time Machine before you take it in for repair.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 2, 2021 6:35 AM in response to bellsze

Hi bellsze,

I experienced a similar issue with my 2016 MacBook Pro - almost identical to how you described yours. I connected mine to an external monitor and discovered that the built-in display backlight had died on my Mac. (The Mac otherwise worked perfectly fine using the external monitor.) I think that's probably the case for yours as well.

Your Mac might be eligible to have this issue repaired for free: 13-inch MacBook Pro Display Backlight Service Program - Apple Support

To set up a repair, contact Apple Support.

EDIT: Back up your Mac using Time Machine before you take it in for repair.

Black screen of macbook pro 2016

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.