Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Black screen of death

My Macbook Pro 2020 screen went black with the cursor still working. The touch bar if off and I think the keyboard is unresponsive as well. I tried most of the actions advised online but none of them seem to work, mostly because the keyboard isnt responding. Like resetting my NVRAM or restarting the computer. I even waited till the battery is out of juice so when I replug it it automatically brings out the apple logo but did not work either.

Posted on Dec 31, 2021 9:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2021 10:45 PM

Hi, and Happy New Year.

Following document could help your issue.

If your Mac starts up to a blank screen - Apple Support

If it doesn't help, contact Apple Support or make Genius Bar reservation if your local retail AppleStore is open or find opened local Apple Authorized Service Provider to be examined your MacBook Pro there.

Official Apple Support

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Apple - Find Locations - Location Selector

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 31, 2021 10:45 PM in response to moefarid_

Hi, and Happy New Year.

Following document could help your issue.

If your Mac starts up to a blank screen - Apple Support

If it doesn't help, contact Apple Support or make Genius Bar reservation if your local retail AppleStore is open or find opened local Apple Authorized Service Provider to be examined your MacBook Pro there.

Official Apple Support

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Apple - Find Locations - Location Selector

Black screen of death

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.