Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos to screensaver issues- some pics will upload and others won't.

I made a album in Photos just for use as a Screensaver. Some of the pictures in the album aren't seen in the Screensaver in System Prefs. I've even made an album just of those pic tunes and Screensaver sees nothing.

What is causing this and how can I correct it?

Thanks.

I'm in Catalina 10.15.5 on MacBook pro.

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Jun 3, 2020 5:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2020 9:24 AM

• Is your library a managed or referenced library?         
  • Where is your library located?  If on an external HD how is that drive formatted and connected to your Mac?
  • Do you have the iCloud Library enabled in the library?  If so, do you also have "Optimize Mac Storage" enabled.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 3, 2020 9:24 AM in response to DInsley

• Is your library a managed or referenced library?         
  • Where is your library located?  If on an external HD how is that drive formatted and connected to your Mac?
  • Do you have the iCloud Library enabled in the library?  If so, do you also have "Optimize Mac Storage" enabled.

Jun 3, 2020 11:44 AM in response to Old Toad

Okay, thanks. But I'm a bit at sea here. iCloud doesn't appear as an App on my MacBook or iPad. I have to access my iCloud via Safari - and then it appears that Pictures or Photos are not on my iCloud.

But, all my pictures are seen by all my devices - iPhone 8, iPad and MacBook.

Am I missing something ?

Thanks.

Photos to screensaver issues- some pics will upload and others won't.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.