Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad 1st Gen.

My iPad 1, keeps saying my wifi password is incorrect but it is the correct one. I had to turn my modem off yesterday and now my iPad suddenly won’t take the password. I have other newer devices that all are working. I’ve tried all the trouble shooting, resetting, restarting. Unfortunately most of the help sites give you directions for newer devices and my versions not set up the same so I can’t follow along. Can anyone help?

iPad

Posted on Jun 3, 2020 6:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2020 10:02 AM

Hello,

Try resetting iPad's network settings in Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Be certain you do not select Erase All Content and Settings as this will erase all of your information. It is a good idea to perform a backup of your iPad prior to resetting its settings.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 3, 2020 10:02 AM in response to dekker242

Hello,

Try resetting iPad's network settings in Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Be certain you do not select Erase All Content and Settings as this will erase all of your information. It is a good idea to perform a backup of your iPad prior to resetting its settings.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support

iPad 1st Gen.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.